Varicose veins or varicose veins is a disease that is getting younger and younger and is one of the urgent problems of our time. If the pathology is not very frightening in the early stages of development, its progression threatens with serious problems.
Therefore, even if varicose veins are present, it is very important to start fighting them immediately and not to wait until the disease takes effect. As early treatment, in addition to the prevention of varicose veins, traditional medicine has shown itself very well, so let's talk about how to treat the disease at home.
What are varicose veins
Before starting to deal with a problem by various means, it is important to understand what kind of disease we are talking about, what are the mechanisms of its development. Varicose veins signify a pathological process accompanied by deformation of the vessels responsible for transporting blood to the heart.
Deformation, as the name implies, means expansion, but in addition, elongation of the vein, thinning of its walls, as well as rupture of the venous valve system, which allows the blood to rise, overcoming the force of gravity.
The development of varicose veins is dangerous due to a violation of blood circulation in the vascular bed, which disturbs the systemic circulation, and stagnation occurs in the veins themselves. The more developed the disease, the more serious the consequences, even the formation of subcutaneous hematomas and trophic ulcers, to the development of thrombophilia. In most cases, the disease develops in the vessels of the legs, since the lower extremities are subject to heavy loads.
Activities to strengthen the vascular wall
Taking all of the above into account, it is logical to assume that, to prevent the progression of varicose veins, it is necessary to interrupt the deformation process, which can be done by strengthening the vascular wall. Therefore, we will now consider several techniques to achieve this goal and improve the condition of the patient as a whole.
Apple cider vinegar
One of the most common and effective remedies for varicose veins, however, it is very important to use natural apple cider vinegar, and not to use acetic acid with flavoring (both options are available free of charge in stores, carefully read the description on the label). The recipes look like this:
- Immediately after bathing, simply pour vinegar on your feet, where the veins are swollen, and wait until the liquid is absorbed, it is not necessary to dry. This procedure will help to get rid of the feeling of heaviness and pain.
- In a similar way, you can treat problem areas by rubbing the vinegar with light massage movements. It is best not to do this after a shower, but before going to bed.
- A very effective method is to wrap - take a cotton cloth wrapped 2-3 times, dip it in apple cider vinegar, squeeze lightly and apply to problem areas. Then, wrap your legs over the gauze with a towel and wrap it with plastic wrap over it. In that case, it is best to raise your legs above body level. This procedure effectively eliminates swelling and unpleasant symptoms, lasts about 30 minutes, there is no need to wash your feet afterwards.
Horse chestnut against varicose veins
Another extremely effective and famous remedy for treating varicose veins, with which there are many recipes, we will consider the most effective:
- Tincture of vodka or isopropyl alcohol - for cooking, you need 50 grams of fruit cut into small pieces, straight into the peel. Place them in a glass container, fill with 250 ml of alcohol or vodka, close the lid tightly and leave in a cool, warm place for 14 days, remembering to stir from time to time. After the specified period, strain the tincture and take 15 drops before meals, three times a day, within 3 weeks.
- There is also a product for external use and for making, 5 whole chestnuts and 5 tablespoons of inflorescences of this plant. Grind the ingredients indicated in the blender or coffee grinder, mix well with 500 milliliters of vegetable oil (sunflower oil is fine). Then, soak the resulting mixture for 2 hours in a water bath, wait for it to cool and store it in the refrigerator in a glass container. The application method is simple, rub the ointment 1-2 times a day on the problem areas of the legs.
Treating the disease with the cheapest vegetables
Vegetables such as tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage, which can be actively used for external use, have long been proven effective in the treatment of varicose veins. The treatment methods in this case are as follows:
- Tomato- Cut some tomatoes into thin slices and place them on your feet, where you can see the swollen pots. Then wrap your legs with some type of fabric and do not wrap an elastic bandage tightly over the top, the compress can be left on overnight.
- Potatoesis the most democratic and at the same time very good method. You will need potato skins, which also need to be applied to the legs with the light side facing down, you can simply apply an elastic bandage on top and not remove the compress for 2-3 hours. The
- Cabbageis used as a potato, but before applying it to the legs, it is necessary to make several small cuts in the leaves of this vegetable, tracing them with a knife. It is also recommended that the side of the cabbage leaf, which is next to the leg, be lubricated with vegetable oil.
Perhaps, in folk medicine, there is no industry where bee residues are not used. Apitherapy means use of propolis, honey, beeswax. Since almost everyone has honey in the kitchen, consider one of the best ways to use it for varicose veins:
- Take a parchment to bake and apply honey on it, not in a thick layer, literally no more than 2 millimeters. Then, attach the honey screen to the leg area, where traces of varicose veins are visible and wrap it with plastic wrap over it. The next layer of the compress is fixed with an elastic bandage, it should be kept on the leg for about two hours. However, during the course of therapy, which lasts 30 days, daily, in the absence of side effects on the skin, the application time increases by one hour. Finally, the compress is applied overnight and removed only in the morning.
Application of washing powder
Powder soap is a natural product that, although it has an unpleasant odor, is composed only of water, clay, sodium and animal and vegetable fats. Thanks to this chemical composition, the soap helps to relieve swelling, inflammation, even eliminate vascular "stars" and prevent the occurrence of trophic ulcers. You can fight varicose veins with washing powder in different ways, but it is better to make ointments and compresses:
- To prepare a compress, you will need to insist on 10 tablets of acetylsalicylic acid in 250 milliliters of vodka for 2 days (only in a glass container with a closed lid). After 2 days, 25 grams of soap, cut into small pieces, are mixed in the resulting solution. Then, moisten the folded cotton cloth several times in the solution and place it over the affected region of the leg, store for a maximum of 60 minutes. This method relieves pain, inflammation and also eliminates swelling.
- Ointment - in addition to the soap, this recipe includes vegetable oil (150 ml), propolis (100 g) and beeswax (100 g). Initially, grate 150 grams of soap, then pour sunflower oil or olive oil into the resulting shavings, then add propolis, honey and mix everything well. Now place the mixture in an enamel or glass container in a water bath and stir until the mixture is completely homogeneous. Once the ointment is ready, place it in a glass jar that can be closed and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Apply the ointment daily on the legs where the varicose veins are visible, it is best to do this before bedtime and, in order not to stain clothing or objects, tie the treated area with a dressing.
The benefits of acacia flowers
The tincture of white acacia flowers is very popular, which also deals effectively with varicose veins in the early stages. To prepare it, take 100 grams of the dry acacia color and fill the raw material in a glass container with 500 milliliters of vodka, then place in a cool, dark place for 21 days, remembering to stir occasionally. Once the time is up, a piece of grated lemon is added to the tincture and kept for another week. With the resulting dye, you need to clean your feet in the morning and evening where the varicose veins are located.
Recommendations from doctors
Of course, treating varicose veins at home, using only the help of traditional medicine, is only reasonable in the early stages of disease development. But even in this case, it is worthwhile to consult a doctor before using any medicine.
In addition, doctors also provide a series of recommendations that, in combination with the chosen therapy method, will improve the patient's condition and reduce the likelihood of developing pathology:
- Adequate nutrition - it is very important to try to eat healthy foods, excluding fatty, fried, smoked, sweet, salty and acidic foods from the diet. To improve your condition, give preference to vegetables, dietary meats, dairy products, vegetables and fruits. Beets, tomatoes, cabbage, sorrel, citrus fruits, blueberries, blackberries, black currants are especially useful for varicose veins.
- You can stop the disease with the help of special compression stockings, that is, patients with any form of varicose veins need to wear compression underwear.
- Take an active and mobile lifestyle, play sports, it is best to give preference to yoga, swimming, light gymnastics. Exercise daily or find a physical therapy instructor.
- It is also worthwhile to consult your doctor about the use of medicines, because in combination with traditional methods, this treatment will give much better results.