Against the background of the influence of several factors, venous vessels in the pelvic region may undergo deformation, which leads to a decrease in blood flow with corresponding consequences. With age, the risk of developing pathological changes increases. The varicose veins of the small pelvis in men can be disguised under the guise of certain diseases, for example, varicocele or hemorrhoids. With minimal symptoms, conservative treatment is possible; advanced cases require surgical intervention.
Characteristics of the disease
When it comes to varicose veins of the small pelvis (VVVMT), changes in the architecture of blood vessels and the presence of venous congestion are implicit. The pathology is also referred to in medicine as chronic pelvic pain syndrome, venous congestion syndrome.
The peculiarity of BPHMT is that it is very difficult to diagnose in the early stages. Varicose veins are formed due to the development of venous valve insufficiency and the occurrence of congestion, which is due to the blockage (partial or total) of the venous bed, compression of the vessels and deterioration of its tone.
According to statistics, deformation of the veins of the male genitals is slightly less common than the varicose veins of the small pelvis in women.
The violation can manifest itself as:
- chronic prostatitis;
- varicocele (recurrent, bilateral);
- veno-occlusive erectile dysfunction;
- hemorrhoids (internal / external);
- varicose veins of the lower extremities;
- combinations of the listed pathologies.
Inaccurate diagnosis of the patient's condition can lead to difficulties in treatment, while the risk of relapse increases significantly.
Factors that cause the disease
Many patients have inherited vascular problems. Weak vessels require more attention to your own health. Otherwise, the varicose veins in the pelvic vessels are not excluded. In addition, the pathology can be acquired in nature.
In general, the disease is caused by:
- Vascular diseases (portal hypertension, May-Turner syndrome, arteriovenous conflicts).
- Connective tissue dysplasia.
- Formation of neoplasms.
- Behavioral habits (low physical activity, junk food abuse, lack of regular sex, excessive physical effort).
The genetic predisposition for varicose veins does not yet mean their development. The likelihood of venous damage is significantly reduced if a man prefers a healthy lifestyle.
There are 3 degrees of varicose veins in the small pelvis, which occur in men.
The determination of the stage depends on the diameter indicators of the affected vessels:
- for BPHMT grade 1, this value is a maximum of 0. 5 cm;
- 2 degree of pathology is accompanied by an increase in the diameter of the vein up to 1 cm;
- when moving to stage 3, the indicator is more than 1 cm.
Based on the origin, the disease is classified as primary (congenital) and secondary.
The clinical manifestations of VVMT in men in the early stages are not detected.
If there is no treatment for a long time, symptoms develop as:
- painful sensations in the lower abdomen and perineum;
- increased pain after exercise, during sex and during bowel movements (if the patient suffers from constipation);
- edema of the scrotum and perineum;
- dysuric disorders (urination disorders).
Discomfort usually increases when a person changes position. With VVMT, the pain radiates to the lower back or thigh. The more affected the veins, the more likely they are to develop dysuria.
Several diagnostic methods are provided:
- Ultrasonography of the pelvic veins;
- pharmacocavernosography (PCG).
In addition, the patient must be submitted to a coagulogram and spermogram. If you suspect a sexually transmitted disease, the diagnosis of CRP is made.
To accurately determine the disease, the patient must be examined by an andrologist and phlebologist.
Treatment of ERCT in men
If symptoms are not noticeable in the affected veins, the doctor may prescribe preventive therapy with mandatory monitoring of the patient's condition.
Usage is prescribed:
- phlebotonic (synthetic, plant-based); anticoagulants; vitamins;
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (for painful discomfort).
Conservative methods are also recommended for elderly patients, especially in the absence of severe symptoms.
The drugs selected by the doctor help to strengthen the vascular walls and improve hemodynamic parameters.
Surgical treatment methods
When the disease progresses for a long period and is accompanied by several unpleasant symptoms, it is decided to undergo surgical treatment. When choosing the method of surgical intervention, the specialist takes into account the age of the patient, his health status and the presence of concomitant pathologies.
Surgery, in particular endovascular surgery, is indicated for patients with:
- intense clinical manifestations;
- bilateral varicocele (recurrent in nature);
- varicose veins of the prostate;
- compression of the iliac veins.
In addition, the violation can be eliminated with the help of angioplasty, stent placement and vascular embolization.
Traditional medicine can be used to relieve symptoms and accelerate the recovery of the affected veins. However, you should not use natural medicines without first consulting your doctor.
List of potential revenue:
- Chopped ginger (4 tablespoons) and lemon zest are poured into boiling water (1 liter). After cooling, honey is added to the infusion (2-3 tablespoons. L. ). The drink is used instead of tea.
- Horse chestnut (200 g) is crushed and filled with vodka (1 liter). The product is infused for 7 days in a dark place. Recommended dose: 10 drops 3-4 times a day for a month.
- Crushed branches of oak, willow and chestnut (1 tablespoon each) are placed in a pan, poured with boiling water (1 liter) and placed over low heat. Half an hour after boiling, the broth is removed from the stove and cooled. In addition, chamomile, string, dry watercress and St. John's wort (1 tablespoon each) are added to it. The infusion period is 12 hours. A little honey should be added to the filtered medicine.
Decoction dosing regimen: in the first 2 days - 3 times 50 ml each, in the next 2 days - 100 ml each, then the dosage is increased to 150 ml. The duration of therapy is 20 days, after which there is a 10-day break.
To improve the condition of blood vessels, it is useful to consume blueberries daily, as well as pollen.
When using folk remedies, it is important to understand that they only complement the main course, so it is undesirable to refuse drugs prescribed by a doctor.
Prognosis and possible complications
The most favorable treatment prognosis will occur in the early stages of VVMT. If the disease develops for a long time, accompanied by characteristic symptoms, it will often be possible to face it only with the help of a surgical intervention.
Thanks to medications, you can ease the discomfort caused by deformed veins, in addition to reducing the risk of unwanted consequences.
Patients should be aware that even surgery does not guarantee the absence of recurrences. If the man continues to lead the old lifestyle, the disease will most likely return.
In other words, good treatment results can be expected when:
- timely completion of therapy;
- strict adherence to medical recommendations;
- behavioral correction.
If the venous vessels of the small pelvis are affected by varicose veins, the patient is at risk of having:
- deterioration of spermatogenesis rates;
- diffuse changes in the prostate parenchyma;
- erectile dysfunction.
Due to the deformation of the vessels, the probability of blood clots and their migration increases, and thromboembolism may occur until veins rupture with massive hemorrhage. These complications are fatal for the patient (they occur in 5% of cases).
In order for strong sex to avoid venous damage and the above consequences, you must be regularly involved in prevention.
Follow these simple rules to protect yourself from an unpleasant illness:
- Nicotine seriously damages blood vessels and the body as a whole, so you should stop smoking forever. Alcohol consumption should be minimized or eliminated.
- One of the common factors that cause VVMT is a sedentary lifestyle. It is necessary to avoid a long stay in a static position, most often going for walks. Office workers who are forced to sit constantly at the computer, it is useful to warm up periodically.
- An important item in the list of recommendations is nutritional correction. Doctors always advise to exclude harmful products from the menu, giving up overeating. The foods consumed must be rich in vitamins, minerals and many other valuable substances, thanks to which the vessels remain strong and elastic.
- It is worth avoiding excessive physical effort.
- Regular intercourse, without interrupted intercourse, has a positive effect on blood vessels.
- If a man has undergone surgery, he must wear compression stockings. Medical underwear is selected taking into account some parameters. In addition, you need to take venotonics prescribed by your doctor. If necessary, the specialist will adjust the dosage or prescribe a more suitable remedy.
- To maintain the health of the venous vessels, it is recommended to set aside time each day for therapeutic exercises.
The regular medical examination is not of little importance, which will allow you to detect any deviation in time and start therapy. The sooner the disease is detected, the easier it will be to deal with. Severe cases require long-term treatment.
Varicose veins of the small pelvis without pronounced symptoms can be eliminated by conservative methods. A neglected disease is fought with the aid of an operation and, even after surgical manipulations, the pathology can reappear.
It will be possible to minimize the risk of ERCT through prevention, which implies maintaining a healthy lifestyle.