Varicose veins are a dangerous and insidious disease, which in its advanced stage is full of trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis, until limb amputation. With the appearance of the first signs of the disease, treatment of varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies can help - with the help of decoctions of herbs, tinctures and ointments.
What are varicose veins in the legs?
Many elderly people are well aware of what varicose veins are, although this disease manifests itself more and more in young people. We are talking about a swelling of the veins under the skin, especially in the legs, the veins swell and become cyanotic, protruding like lumps. When the stage is advanced, cracks and pigment spots appear, venous "clumps" grow, which explode on impact.
It is necessary to use folk remedies for varicose veins of the lower extremities already in the first characteristic symptoms:
- pain and fatigue in the legs;
- swelling of the feet;
- night cramps; protruding veins;
- bruises and red spots.
Is it possible to cure varicose veins with folk remedies?
So far, discussions have arisen between representatives of official and traditional medicine about whether folk remedies help in the treatment of varicose veins. But most doctors tend to believe that in the early stages and in combination with drugs, decoctions and ointments give good results. This disease manifests itself more frequently in people who spend their working hours standing up, so these resources are important for them as preventive measures.
When choosing components, it is recommended to buy those that are easy to prepare and that can be kept cold for a long time. Folk remedies for varicose veins help:
- removes the swelling;
- improves the elasticity of the venous walls;
- reduce blood viscosity, accelerate blood flow;
- normalizes the clearance valves.
Folk remedies against varicose veins
There are many recipes on how to treat varicose veins with folk remedies on the legs. With a heavy load on the limbs, it is recommended to pour cold water over them at night, bath with broths, clean the wounds with ice cubes. A contrast bath and swimming help to strengthen the veins.
Long-standing folk remedies for varicose veins involve using herbs in:
- bells and whistles; rub with
Herbs for varicose veins
The main component of this treatment is herbs, as varicose veins in the legs are used both internally and externally, in combination with medication and separately, but at the onset of the disease. During the disease, the vessels lose their elasticity, expand, decoctions and tinctures help to restore metabolic processes, strengthen the capillary walls.
The following treatment of varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies is recommended:
- Heat the burdock leaf in a double boiler, apply hot on the wound and fix the compress overnight. You can repeat for several days.
- Moisten a dressing with celandine juice and apply to a swollen vein for 4 hours. The course is planned for one week.
- Make chamomile broth, insist half an hour. Make a compress at night.
Essential oils for varicose veins
Doctors recommend that even using herbs to observe the measure, many plants offering folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs contain toxic substances, the overdose of which can be harmful. Compresses and decoctions are more effective if you do therapeutic exercises, alternating with a contrast bath.
The proven experience in treating leg varicose veins with folk remedies involves the use of essential oils, removes pain and swelling, tones and strengthens blood vessels. They are added to baths, compresses and friction. Recommended for mixing with basic oils: almond, olive, avocado, cocoa, shea, coconut, almond.
The best essential oils for treating varicose veins:
Essential oil mix recipe
- juniper essential oil - 10 drops;
- peppermint essential oil - 10 drops;
- almond oil - 1 tablespoon spoon.
- Melt the almond oil, cool.
- Mix with the essentials.
- Rub on sore spots at night.
Natural remedies for varicose veins
It is better to use natural folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs, the disease is well treated with a mixture of mummy, pollen and honey, the ratio is 1 to 5 and 20. For a single dose, the mummy is placed 0, 3 g, the mixture is administered orally in the morning and in the evening, the course is planned for one month, so you need a 10-day break. Relieves pain and swelling, improves blood composition.
Effective treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies
For many years, the treatment of varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies such as flax decoction and apple cider vinegar has become popular. The latter contains more than 20 mineral substances useful for blood vessels, helps to establish blood circulation, relieves swelling and strengthens vein walls. It is recommended to take 1 tablespoon. spoon to 1 tbsp. water on an empty stomach. Less - you cannot drink people with high acidity.
Similar situation - with lemon recipes, its juice increases the elasticity of blood vessels, it is recommended to drink 1 tablespoon a day. Spoon. A good effect is given by treating folk remedies at home with the help of the nettle tincture, which is also credited as a rejuvenating effect, thins the blood, improves blood flow.
Nettle spirit tincture recipe
- dried nettle leaves - 6-7 tablespoons. spoons;
- vodka - 0. 5 l.
- Pour the raw material with vodka, leave for 2-3 days.
- Drink 1 tbsp. spoon three times a day before meals.
Infusions for varicose veins
It is not for nothing that popular recipes for varicose veins give special attention to nettle, as it helps to get rid of the high platelet count, which is extremely important in this disease. Since antiquity, the nettle broom was considered the best medicine, the movement should go from feet to hips. Blood flow is strongly activated, but not everyone is able to withstand such treatment. Therefore, there is a greater demand for an aqueous infusion of this plant.
Nettle infusion recipe
- dried nettle leaves - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- water - 2 tablespoons.
- Pour boiling water over the raw material in a thermos.
- Insist 3-4 hours, drink one third of the volume three times a day.
Decoctions for varicose veins
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies for decoctions of flowers and fruits. The calculation is made based on 30 g of raw material per 1 liter of water, the mixture is boiled for half an hour, then used in baths or lotions. There are recipes for drinking, but you need to take it for at least 3 months, the effect does not appear immediately. Herbal teas help to remove inflammation and improve the condition of veins.
Recipes for decoctions for bath varicose veins:
- White willow bark.Pour 75 g of dry raw material with 1 liter of water, cook for 30 minutes.
- Marigold flowers.Produced 4 tablespoons. tablespoons of dried flowers in 0, 5 liters of water, boil for 25-30 minutes.
Domestic ointment for varicose veins
For a long time, recipes of medicinal mixtures for this disease were passed on to families and today many make an ointment for varicose veins with their own hands, folk remedies are very accessible. It is based on vegetable oils, doctors recommend more olive oil, which contains useful arachidonic acid. Diluted with animal fat, wormwood, willow bark, celandine are added with herbs. You can take a baby fat cream as a base. Apply the mixture overnight, wash with warm water in the morning.
But it is important to consider that these ointments are good for a mild form of the disease. If the disease starts, more effective ingredients are needed. Folk remedies for varicose veins recommend the horse chestnut, in its fruits contains many glycosides, which improve capillary permeability, blood circulation and remove inflammation.
Horse chestnut ointment recipe
- nut nuts - 6 pcs. ;
- dried chestnut flowers - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Grind the fruits and flowers in a blender.
- Cover with vegetable oil 1 to 10.
- Insist in the dark for 10 days.
- Boil for 40 minutes, cool.
- Lubricate tender points 2 times a day.
Effective traditional methods of treating varicose veins
Varicose veins are becoming more common in the population. The reasons are many: from immobility to vascular weakness and heredity. Modern medicine offers many remedies for this disease. But many people prefer folk remedies for varicose veins. How effective they are will be discussed in the article.
Bandages, compresses and bandages
In fact, there are many popular recipes for varicose veins. People have long understood that real cures for many diseases are growing under our feet. And we learned how to use them correctly.
Among the alternative methods of treating varicose veins, there are several ways:
- wraps; rub
- tinctures for ingestion;
- herbal ointments;
- applications, etc.
The treatment of varicose veins at home involves the alternate use of these methods and the simultaneous use.
Grated raw potatoes
It is easy to make a raw potato compress, but it must be fresh. The potatoes should be peeled, washed, grated and placed on gauze or cloth (which must first be soaked in potato juice) and wrapped around the aching legs. This compress should be kept for about four hours.
Many people know the recipe for treating varicose veins with green tomatoes. There are many positive reviews on the Internet, this tool really helps to get rid of varicose veins at home.
You need to get some green tomatoes, cut each one lengthwise. Apply half a tomato to the affected areas, maintain until a burning sensation.
It is best to be treated this way in the summer - winter tomatoes from the store will have little benefit.
Then remove and place the other half. Repeat the procedure four times. After two weeks of using this remedy, the swelling, pain and veins become less visible.
At home, you can treat varicose veins with bee products (propolis, honey). Popular recipes recommend making honey compresses for varicose veins. A layer of honey should be applied to the fabric and then wrapped around the affected leg.
Keep the compress on the first day for two hours, on the second - three, then - four. And then the compress should be left overnight. After 2 weeks of using this medicine, the symptoms of the disease disappear.
Rubbing and dyeing alcohol
In the treatment of varicose veins, friction and oral alcohol are also quite effective.
This recipe for rubbing with honey and onion helps in the treatment of varicose veins:
- Take half a glass of honey, it must be herbs.
- Grate two onions.
- Mix honey, onion and grated soap.
- Rub the affected areas of the legs with this mixture and wrap with aluminum foil.
- Bandage on top.
On the first run, remove the film after two hours, on the second - after three, the next day - after four. Then you can leave it overnight. The procedure must be done in ten days to obtain the best effect possible.
There are also other effective ways to prevent and treat varicose veins.
Fresh Kalanchoe leaves
Only fresh Kalanchoe leaves are needed to prepare the tincture. There should be enough to fill a half-liter jar. Then you need to fill the raw material with vodka to the top, stop it well, put it in a dark place.
After two weeks, strain and rub the painful veins in your legs with the tincture. This must be done strictly every day, otherwise there will be no result. After a month, the stars will disappear.
The strong-smelling roots of this swamp plant also help to eliminate varicose veins. To prepare the tincture, you will need about 3 tablespoons of rosemary roots.
Pour with vodka or alcohol, place in a cool place, protected from light for 2 weeks. Then strain and rub your aching legs with this tincture every day for a month. Better to do this before bed. After two weeks, the result of the treatment will be noticeable.
Green and green walnuts are what you need to treat walnuts. They are removed from the tree in late June-early July. The nuts must be peeled, ground in the coffee grinder or manually.
Pour 100 grams into a bottle of vodka. It takes ten days to insist on an airtight container. Shake the container every day.
They strengthen the walls of blood vessels and capillaries, making them strong and flexible, which prevents expansion or abnormal damage.
The dye can be used both internally and for scrubbing. You need to drink twenty drops three times a day, half an hour before meals. Drink ten days, then take a break for the same number of days and repeat the course.
This remedy strengthens blood vessels well, helps to reduce swelling and pain, relieves weight on the legs. It is capable of removing spider veins, as well as preventing the appearance of new ones. Rub this dye from your legs once a day, preferably before going to bed for a month.
Infusions and decoctions
Treatment with folk remedies involves the use of various decoctions, herbal infusions. There are many of these recipes. There are some medicinal herbs that can cure varicose veins.
Which herbs help with this disease? First of all - horse chestnut. In any reference book, there is the same information about the usefulness of this plant for varicose veins. It is able to strengthen the vascular wall, normalize blood circulation, relieve swelling, relieve pain and cramps.
This miraculous plant only grows in the mountains. It is useless to look for him in the middle lane.
It looks like a tree with beautiful pink flowers and round, prickly fruits. They are used to prepare tinctures, decoctions, ointments, etc.
Contraindications for this beneficial plant:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- chronic kidney and liver diseases;
- children's age;
- hormonal imbalance.
In addition to horse chestnut, other medicinal plants for this disease are known:
- birch (bark and leaves);
- St. John's wort;
- white wattle;
- plantain and others.
You can suggest other recipes for treating the disease.
Antonov apple infusion
Antonov apples are distinguished by their delicate and unique aroma and sour taste. But few know that an infusion of them can help with this disease. To prepare it, you will need 300 grams of Antonov apples.
You need to peel, chop, chop the apples. Along with the peel, the chopped apples should be poured with a liter of water and bring to low heat.
After the water boils, leave it on the fire for another 20 minutes. Then cool, take half a cup of tea three times before eating. A contraindication to taking this recipe is an increase in stomach acidity and a tendency to hypertension.
Decoction of hops
This recipe requires 50 grams of hop cones. They need to be poured with half a liter of boiling water, placed on the fire. After boiling, store for a few more minutes.
The completed infusion must be rubbed into the skin of the legs, from foot to knee, for 3 months, twice a day.
Then remove from heat, drain and let cool. Drink a quarter of a glass twice a day after meals. You cannot use this recipe for anyone suffering from low blood pressure, gastritis, pancreatitis.
For the treatment of this disease, collections of various useful herbs are often used. But be sure to check the contraindications before using them.
Various rates that are worth suggesting:
- Take mille-leaf herb, raspberry root, banana, chamomile, horse chestnut in equal proportions. Pour half a liter of boiling water, put on fire. After boiling, remove and leave to infuse overnight. Drink a third of a glass twice a day.
- Horse chestnut, oak bark, birch bark, horsetail, astragalus, immortela, Icelandic moss take in equal proportions, mix, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain, cool. Drink a quarter of a 4 p cup. per day.
- Take nettle, milleweed, St. John's wort, marshmallow root in equal amounts, pour a liter of boiling water, insist. Strain, drink half a glass after meals, four times a day.
These recipes should be used for a month, then take a break. After that, you can repeat the course. However, you must be careful about the manifestation of side effects when using these funds. A rash or diarrhea may appear. In that case, the intake of herbs should be stopped.
Baths for varicose veins
In addition to using various infusions and friction, you can do foot baths. At the same time, decoctions of herbs, various essential oils are added. It is good to add baking soda or apple cider vinegar to the water.
The following herbal bath preparation can be recommended:
Take herbs in equal amounts, pour a liter of boiling water, insist, strain. Pour into a bathtub (about 5 liters), lower your feet in it. The water must not be too hot. Keep your feet until the water cools down completely. Then apply a medicated ointment.
It must be remembered that this disease cannot be cured with folk remedies alone. Make sure to use the drugs prescribed by the doctor. Traditional medicine should only help with the main treatment. Its advantage lies in the minimum number of contraindications.
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs with folk remedies
One of the components of complex varicose vein therapy in the lower extremities is the use of alternative medicine methods. There is a large list of traditional medicines that help to quickly reduce the symptoms of varicose veins. They are also widely used for the prevention of pathologies.
Folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs: the benefits and benefits
Varicose veins refer to vascular pathologies, the development of which can be fatal. Therefore, when the slightest sign of the disease manifests, qualified medical attention should be sought immediately.
Often, in medical practice at an early stage of disease development, phlebologists, along with drug therapy, recommend the use of traditional medicine. The high popularity of such therapy methods is easily explained by a number of advantages:
- They have a strong therapeutic effect.
- Easy to use.
- The minimum list of contraindications.
- A large selection of products allows you to choose the most suitable recipe for each individual case.
- The availability of folk remedies.
- Naturalness of the components.
- Pleasant aroma.
- Long-term preservation of medicinal properties.
- Possibility of use combined with conservative therapy methods and various types of natural medicines.
Despite the high effectiveness of treating varicose veins at home, there are several contraindications, in which the use of traditional medicines is strictly prohibited. These states include:
- Advanced stages of varicose veins.
- Individual intolerance to the components of a natural medicine.
- Dermatological rashes and other types of skin lesions.
- Chronic pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, in particular of the stomach and intestines.
- Diseases of the liver and kidneys.
The neglect of contraindications to the use of traditional medicine for varicose veins leads to a worsening of the general state of health and the rapid development of the disease.
The treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies, with their correct and regular use, promotes:
- Elimination of pathological symptoms.
- Strengthens the venous walls and restores their elasticity.
- Normalization of blood and lymphatic flow processes.
- Relief of inflammatory processes formed in the affected areas of the veins
The use of traditional medicine in the treatment of varicose veins should be done exclusively in consultation with the attending physician. A specialist, taking into account the clinical condition of the disease and the general health of the patient, will select the most appropriate drugs based on natural ingredients.
What helps with varicose veins in the legs
Unlike synthetic pharmaceuticals, natural medicines have minimal negative effects on the body in the form of side effects. Therefore, before treating varicose veins with folk remedies, you must undergo a clinical examination with a phlebologist and naturopath.
Experts from a wide variety will help you choose the most suitable means of preparing medicines for external and local use.
The following natural ingredients are used most often to treat varicose veins in the legs:
- Nutmeg. Helps to stimulate blood flow, reduce inflammation of the affected areas of the venous walls. Used for the daily preparation of the infusion, which should be drunk every morning.
- Vegetable oils. The most effective is olive oil, which contains a high concentration of arachidonic acid. Under its influence, the tone of the vascular walls increases and its structure is strengthened. Oils are the basis of ointments for varicose veins.
- Essential oils: castor, linseed, black cumin, garlic and sandalwood. Used for balneotherapy and massage. Helps strengthen blood vessel walls and eliminate swelling in the legs.
- Bee products: propolis, honey, podmore, bee venom. Used for the preparation of various types of drugs and procedures. This is due to the presence in its composition of a large number of useful substances that have a therapeutic effect on blood vessels and blood circulation.
- White cabbage. Contains lots of vitamins and minerals. Most of the time, it is used to prepare compresses on the affected areas of the veins.
- Ginger. A folk remedy effective in combating varicose veins at any stage of the disease and in prevention. As a rule, it is used in the preparation of medicinal teas and compositions for compresses.
- Fish oil. Oral administration helps to normalize the body's metabolic processes and stabilize body weight, which is important in the treatment of varicose veins. In addition, fat is effective as one of the components of the compress.
- Blue clay. It is the most ideal of all varieties, as it affects the walls of the affected vessels as much as possible and stabilizes blood flow. It is used to make applications.
The list of traditional medicines used to treat varicose veins in the legs is very long. Viburnum, pumpkin, lemon, potato, Adam's apple, hydrogen peroxide, sea salt, bodyaga and mummy also have a high therapeutic effect.
When treating varicose veins at home with folk remedies, it is important to have a systemic effect on the body and, in particular, on the functioning of the organs of the circulatory system. An important factor is the strengthening of the general state of human health.
Medicines based on natural ingredients perfectly fulfill these tasks. Oral intake of folk remedies for varicose veins in the legs helps to normalize blood flow in the body and improves the immune system.
The reception of home remedies inside must be carried out exclusively according to the instructions of a doctor. Many medications suitable for treating varicose veins can cause serious complications in the functioning of other organs in the body.
Traditional medicine is not the main treatment for varicose veins in the legs. The systematic use of natural medicines can significantly accelerate the recovery dynamics and improve the general state of the vascular system.