The most common form of the disease is varicose veins of the lower extremities, but sometimes it can affect other organs, particularly the penis.
Description and development mechanisms
Veins of the penis are of great importance in its functioning, as they take a direct part in the process of erection and necessary for the outflow of blood from internal tissues.
Male penis is the organ that is equipped with a large number of veins and arteries – it is for this reason, when aroused, they tend to protrude beyond the surface of the skin.
This is normal, but healthy men the veins and the vessels have a diameter of 2-4 mm and a light-blue shade.
If the appearance, color or density of veins in any way changed, this may be the first sign of development of various pathologies, including varicose veins of the penis.
The mechanism of its development is the same as in the case of varicose veins of the lower limbs – veins and blood vessels to deform and stretch, which can lead to unpleasant consequences.
Causes and risk factors
The main causes of disease are:
- injuries perineum and of the body, especially the head;
- the presence of tumors in the groin, varicocele, thrombophlebitis of lower extremities, and other diseases, which can impair blood circulation and condition of blood vessels and veins;
- frequent delay of urination, which lead to long-term compression, which has a negative effect on the veins of the penis;
- genetic predisposition (in some men the veins of the penis have weak walls, which can lead to the formation of seals, expansion vessels and tissue damage);
- surgical intervention which was carried out in the region of the penis, the scrotum and testes – varicose veins can be a complication of such operations;
- promiscuity that lead to inflammation and infectious diseases;
- excessive self-love: if such activity becomes a habit, it can lead to stagnation of blood in the pelvic organs;
- the use of sexual techniques that delay ejaculation.
In the early stages of the disease men usually do not experience any symptoms on the penis appear small tubercles, slightly protruding veins, which many patients take for the tendon.
With the development of the disease the tubercles becomes more and the body begins to deform. After the possible bleeding and the appearance of hardened areas under the skinthat is usually localized in the head.
The danger and complications
Special danger to the health of the patient and even his sex life varicose veins of the penis can not be held, but the fact that its development should alert man. He speaks of the disorders of blood circulation in the body and, in particular, in the groin area, which may lead to varicocele and infertility even.
In addition, changes in appearance of the penis can lead to serious psychological problems among representatives of the stronger sex.
The first symptom of the disease is a violation of the aesthetics of the body, which is characterized by the appearance of nodules and tubercles, the number of which increases with time.
To the rest of the signs of varicose veins on the penis are:
- the pain, discomfort and tingling in the penis, during erection first, and then in other situations (e.g., during exercise);
- burning and chafing of the skin during intercourse because of vaginal dryness women;
- strong swelling of the veins in the penis during erection, they become dense, clearly defined, are under the skin and its appearance resemble the thick tendon;
- swelling of the affected area;
- change the color of the skin of the penis with a pinkish to purple red, and the colours of the veins themselves: they acquire a bluish tint;
- petechial hemorrhages and small blood clots, which is well palpated under the skin.
When should I contact the doctor?
Sexual diseases and any pathology associated with erectile function, constitute a serious psychological trauma for men, and many of them are trying to solve the problem yourself or not paying attention to her.
This could be a serious mistake, so any changes to the veins of the penis and discomfort in this area the patient should immediately consult the doctor-phlebologist. In addition, in this case, you may need to consult a urologist, dermatologist and surgeon.
Diagnosis of dilatation of the penis is not a problem for professionals. Diagnosis is carried out according to the following algorithm:
- medical history and listening to the complaints of the patient;
- visual inspection of problem areas (sometimes for the sake of completeness men artificially cause erections);
- Ultrasound, which gives the opportunity to assess the blood flow in the affected areas;
- the venography with injection of contrast is performed in cases where there is a risk that varicose veins affected veins internal.
If there is a suspicion that disease is caused by infectious diseases or inflammation, the patient research is required: blood, urine, ejaculation, etc.
Differential diagnosis of the disease is carried out for elimination of Peyronie's disease that have similar symptoms.
Specific methods of treatment of this pathology does not exist, in addition, the drugs used to treat varicose veins and thrombophlebitis of lower extremities, in this case is not recommended.
In the initial stages of the disease can be rid of with the help of folk remedies (for example, gels and ointments prepared on herbal basis). Burst veins are usually treated with the heparin ointment, but if the procedure has no effect within 3 days, it is better to seek the help of a specialist who will perform the puncture and remove excess blood.
In cases where the disease progresses, the patient is assigned to conservative therapy, which involves abstinence from sexual intercourse and medication , in particular nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and local anti. To reduce pain and possibly the use of non-narcotic analgesics.
Sometimes for the treatment of the disease is applied hirudotherapy, ie treatment with leeches, but this method is controversial and refers to the alternative methods.
In the presence of appropriate indications (frequent recurrence or failure of conservative treatment) patients can be performed a procedure called phlebectomy, which involves the excision and ligation of the affected vein.
It refers to a light surgery and performed genital surgery. The recovery period takes about two weeks – after this period, the man can return to normal sexual life.
Prevention of varicose veins of the penis, like any other similar disease, is the conduct of regular (but not excessive) sexuality with trusted partners normal sex not related to the risk factors of varicose veins, but on the contrary, strengthens blood vessels and improves circulation.
When entering into intercourse with unfamiliar women need to use contraceptives and personal protective equipment. To sexual practices should be treated with great caution, especially to those that mean the use of gels anesthetics for prolongation of sexual intercourse.
To prevent varicose veins of the penis, men are advised to wear proper underwear, not to take too hot baths, not to sit with crossed legs and do some light sports.
In addition, the disease says the violations bleeding, which can lead to more serious pathologies, so the patient should consult a doctor and undergo the necessary research.