According to statistics, every fifth person on the planet suffers from this disease. But what it is and how to fight it? Doctors professional of the Baltic clinic veins was able to find the right method for the recovery of the body, using a special medical diagnostic equipment and devices for the treatment.
Varicose veins: the specificity of the disease, peculiarities of
This disease people suffered in ancient times. This is evidenced by the records of Hippocrates, Avicenna and Paracelsus. The doctors of that time tried to deal with the defect, but the methods and actions have been unsuccessful.
Varicose veins is a persistent pathological extension, which are under the skin veins. The disease manifests itself not only in lower extremities but also on the abdomen, hands and scrotum. Varicose veins refers to the number of progressive pathologies: if time does not take measures to prevent the development defect, the problem is set to grow from aching pain will get even more difficult. The disease process is characterized by the fact that the veins are in a congested state, can not cope with the bleeding. Feet acquire excessive fatigue and swelling, is the weight of the feet and ankles, and regularly reduce seizures.
What sensations are harbingers of disease development? There are many symptoms, the appearance of which you should immediately consult a doctor:
- heavy legs, feeling the pads on the feet;
- swelling of the feet and ankles (higher volume foot, the calves 2 times);
- regular cramps;
- obvious varicose veins;
- burning in "stars";
- trophic changes of the skin of feet and lower legs;
- thickening of skin in areas of varicose veins;
- pigmentation, the appearance of the dark dark shade of the skin;
- aching pain, feeling which can not only in the supine position;
- the appearance of venous ulcers.
The discomfort which will always be with a person, over time, develop into pain. They will completely destroy the performance of the patient and lead to his hospitalization.
Discover that you are a victim of the disease is quite simple. In the process of development of varicose veins, the structure of the veins loses its elasticity, flexibility and firmness. In the end, the veins are in the upper layers of the skin in a bent position, the enlarged and curved condition. They can be seen with the naked eye and feel upon touching. Externally, these veins become wide, acquired a dark blue or purple color. Convoluted vessels, particularly below the knee on the back, take the form resembles grapes.
Varicose veins is the failure of valves perforating veins, which can be of two types:
- Secondary. Develops during pregnancy, the previously acquired cirrhosis of the liver.
If the operation of the valves of the vascular system is disrupted, bleeding from deep veins begins to flow in the surface, more delicate and weak veins. That is why they expand, stretch and weaken. For full normalization of the vascular system requires recovery of all patients veins.
Causes of varicose
That may entail such consequences? Global changes in the body can be caused by the following factors:
- Obesity. Violation of the functionality of blood circulation due to the replacement of fat and squeezing them inside located bodies.
- Pregnancy. The period of carrying a child often requires the use of hormonal methods for repairing of estrogen and progesterone. Their action immediately affects the appearance of varicose veins. A feature of varicose veins in pregnant women is that after birth they gradually absorbed. Also, there is the varicose veins in women in the position with increased volume of blood in the body. Uterus with fetus puts pressure on those veins that go between the legs. This disrupts the vascular system and contributes to varicose veins.
- Long as in one position. Because sitting and standing way of life is often varicose. The disease occurs most often among people of such professions as teacher, surgeon.
- Genetic heredity. Congenital anomalies of blood vessels is the most frequent cause of disruption of veins.
- The existence of a previous trauma (fractures). Deformations produced by a fracture, often affect the function of the venous vessels. Once broken work bleeding enough to make a push for the development of varicose veins.
- Age-related changes. The elderly vein wall becomes weak, a part of the epithelial cells stop to perform 100% of its functions, whereby the operation of the valves is broken and appears varicose veins.
Modern methods of vein treatment
Pronounced symptoms can't be ignored, they must urgently begin to address the problems by applying modern methods of treatment. Help with restoration of the vascular system provides modern and professional clinic veins.
At the moment the clinics include treatments for varicose veins:
Each of them includes a number of recovery programs.
Treatment depends on the stage of the disease. Patients who succumbed to the influence of disease but are addressed in the early stages of its development, can undergo the reconstruction non-surgical way. To program this type of treatment includes the following methods:
- Medication. The course has in mind a thorough diagnostic examination and the appointment of a physician of appropriate medications for a certain period of time. After taking the medicine, the patient to undergo examination. The results of the diagnosis, the specialist makes a decision about continued treatment or on its termination.
- Sclerotherapy of varicose veins. When using this method of treatment requires special tools. This is a special drug that is injected with a syringe to suffer from varicose vein. The drug is characterized by the fact that it nourishes the affected vein. Due to this "deception" of the body, the blood starts to go on healthy blood vessels. This method of recovery is not all as it requires a certain stage of development of varicose veins, condition of vessels and the position of the nodes.
- Compression therapy. Recovery method is the use of special compression underwear, which is selected only by the attending physician. Compression is an effective method of non-surgical recovery, and the doctors of the Baltic veins clinic will provide professional assistance in using it to achieve 100% recovery.
Surgical removal of varicose veins
This method of treatment of leg veins remains popular, because the treatment is non-surgical way is not always possible to say farewell to disease. Because of the deep development of the disease, to get rid of it is possible only resorting to the operation.
The main indications for surgical use, surgical intervention in the treatment of varicose veins:
- The rapid development of the disease. The manifestation of the stage of trophic ulcers.
- Violation of the outflow of blood.
- The extension of the saphenous veins.
- Swelling and high fatigue feet.
There are also a painless procedure, by the use of modern techniques
- Radiofrequency obliteration of veins. RFO and EVRF allows by means of radio waves to restore the structure of blood vessels inside. For surgery the clinic uses disposable catheters, automatic generators of radio waves.
- SVS – thermal occlusion of pulses of steam. The method involves the treatment of varicose veins by injecting inside the vein catheter, through which through the pinhole enters, a rich vapor stream. The hot steam allows you to penetrate into the most inaccessible areas of the vessel and act on the convoluted and deformed veins. After the course of treatment in this way Vienna is shrinking.
- Operation Varadi. The most difficult method. Requires the removal of sick veins. Method is 100% effective. After the end of the day, the patient will be able to go home. The only requirement: the use of compression stockings since the surgery.
- EVLT or laser coagulation of veins. For the procedure, a laser is used. The beam is directed at diseased vessel, and it allows to localize the defect. Requires the use of local anaesthetic. The procedure leaves no scars, cuts or burns.
- The Venaseal system is meant complete closure of diseased veins in the legs by gluing valves vessels with biological glue.
Very often, surgical treatment combined with conservative. After surgery it is often necessary to secure the result the use of drugs.
Prevention of varicose veins
The result is to cure stuck and varicose veins ceased to exist, it requires not only regular medication to stabilize the condition of the body, but also prevention of diseases by adhering to simple rules of lifestyle.
Doctors say that it is easier to prevent disease than to treat it. Simple rules of behavior and lifestyle will help to prevent the development of varicose veins:
- The compilation of the day: the alternation of different types of stress on the body. To minimize orthostatic stress.
- The availability of orthopaedic chairs in sedentary work at the table.
- The crushing rejection and narrow garments and shoes.
- Implementation of regular Cycling and swimming.
- Execution of morning and evening charging.
- The ordering of weight (with a sharp set of weight to refer to a dietitian).
- Contrast shower.
- The adoption day from 1, 5 liters of fluid.
While waiting long trip, and having pronounced signs of the disease, make sure of the availability of all drugs on the road. Soothing gels and ointments is a great helpers in such events.
Applying simple measures on prevention of diseases, not only can slow the progression of the disease. Such actions will help to get rid of sickness and prevent its progression. Noticing some signs of deterioration of your body, you should consult a phlebologist. Modern diagnostic centers can identify a diagnosis and determine an effective way in his therapy.